Dan is an award-winning chess author and full-time chess instructor in Wynnewood PA. He is a US Chess Federation National Master (NM) and a FIDE Candidate Master (CM). Dan will always try to make time for a new student, and can often answer brief questions from students AND non-students. Use his contact page, call directly by phone (610-649-0750), or email email@example.com (you can also always email by clicking on the "envelope" icon at the top of every page). Each picture below is a link or you can use my pull-down menus above.
Instruction - Training - Mentoring - All ages and levels. At Dan's home or via internet (use Skype to share a board anywhere!) Full-time since 1994
Let me help you become a better player!
Hundreds of articles on a variety of chess topics including Dan's award-winning Novice Nooks and Chess.com articles and blogs. Note: Chess Cafe links are not currently active.
A collection of Dan's instructional videos from the ICC, his Chess.com television shows, and his new YouTube Channel. These videos cover about every conceivable aspect of chess improvement.
For links other than Lessons, Articles, and Videos, navigate with the pull-down menus at the top of the page.
- Hahn and Heisman Homepage (includes Dan's non-chess articles and links, information on wife Shelly, son Delen, etc)
- Dan's Chess Tip of the Day on Twitter - over 3,000 chess tips since 2009!
- Donate to Dan's Two Charities to help 1) women in need and 2) junior chess
- I have been getting excellent feedback on my interview on the Perpetual Chess Podcast & my streamed interview with Jacob Fortuna
- Holly Heisman Memorial Chess charity tournament - usually in the Philadelphia area at the end of each summer.
- Dan's Old Website - Still being served for information not brought over to the new site